Terms & Conditions
Plymouth Sound Properties Limited
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Drake’s Island” refers to the Island in the Plymouth Sound which is owned and operated by Plymouth Sound Properties Limited. Plymouth Sound Properties Limited (PSP Ltd also referred to as “we, “us” or “our”) is incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 11997021 and whose registered office is at 6 Houndiscombe Road, Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom, PL4 6HH. Plymouth Sound Operational Office is at 271 Embankment Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 9JH.
DRAKE’S ISLAND CODE OF CONDUCT
Bring your own facemask and wear at all times during the tour.
Stay on the routes and areas indicated by barriers and signs. Follow social distancing of 1m outside and 2m inside the tunnel complex. Do not touch, climb, sit or lean against the historic buildings, walls, guns and other structures. Do not take anything from the Island as a souvenir. Do not feed or leave food for the wildlife, it affects their diet and causes them harm. Take your rubbish with you. Follow all instructions given by the tour staff.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PSP Ltd shall have no liability whatsoever for any death or personal injury arising out of use of the Island unless such death or personal injury arises as a result of the negligence of the PSP Limited or its employees.
The Island is an Historic Fortress and as such, Health and Safety was not a consideration when the fortifications on the Island were built. Visitors to the Island, therefore accept the risk of trip hazards and other such features and accept that they will be cautious when on the Island. Whilst we have taken every step possible to ensure your visit is safe, you accept that you will accept liability for any accident or injury.
Subject to the previous paragraphs, PSP Ltd shall have no liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages, howsoever arising (including, but not limited to loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of sale, loss of goodwill, loss of profits or increased costs).
The disclaimers set out above do not affect your statutory rights.
TICKETS, VISITS AND MERCHANDISE
1. Tickets purchased online are valid only for the date and time stated upon them.
2. Our individual tours need a minimum of 7 bookings to be able to viably go ahead. If a specific tour does not reach the necessary number of bookings, it will be cancelled on the day prior to the event and all persons will be notified. Bookings can either be rescheduled for another date or can be refunded, our team will help with this process.
3. Tickets are non-transferable. If any person attempts to board the ferry to Drake’s Island with a ticket that has been resold without PSP Ltd’s written consent, PSP Ltd may refuse entry and no compensation shall be payable to that person by PSP Ltd.
4. Except where we are unable to provide entry to Drake’s Island due to circumstances outside the control of PSP Ltd, all tickets are non-refundable. If lost, tickets will not be replaced.
5. In the event that entry to Drake’s Island is not possible due to reasons outside of PSP Ltd reasonable control, PSPLtd shall not be responsible for any travelling costs you may incur.
6. For the purposes of clauses 3 and 4 above, an event outside our reasonable control means any act or event including without limitation fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, strikes or industrial action by third parties, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat of war, civil commotion, riot, invasion, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks. In addition, as access to Drake’s Island is by ferry, bad weather plays a large part in the safety of the passengers and ability to access Drake’s Island. In the event that the weather results in the ferry or PSP Ltd canceling the service, PSP Ltd will make every effort to rebook those passengers on a later visit. Please note: PSP Ltd have no control over when a tour could be cancelled due to weather and sea conditions. The Harbourmaster could declare it unsafe to land as late as the approach to Drake’s Island. In these circumstances, PSP Ltd will look to rebook you onto another tour of your choice.
7. Upon boarding the ferry and/or the Island, you must be able to produce to the ferry crew and/or Drake’s Island site staff the booking reference issued when your tickets were booked online.
8. All prices quoted in our brochures, by telephone or on our website exclude VAT. If the VAT rates change, we reserve the right to change our systems accordingly.
9. PSP Ltd may from time to time change, alter, adapt, add or remove sections of the Terms and Conditions. If we do make any changes, they will be posted to our website.
11. The Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
12. None of the Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a party other than you or PSP Ltd.